Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 13, 2007

Just what I needed...

I had the best weekend with my BFF from high school. It was so nice to be away for the weekend. MH was working all weekend, and I knew that if I stayed home alone I would spend all of my time ruminating and worrying.

We shopped...so fun! She bought the cutest Diane von Furstenberg shift, and looked absolutely FABU in it!!! Hopefully, one day I will be thin enough (again) to rock some designer duds!

We rented movies that no one else would want to watch. Paradise Lost which I can't believe I had never seen before...so good! Old Boy it's a Japanese thriller...we love, love, love creepy Asian films. Of course this also makes us feel very high-brow, but was also very good.

Sushi...I can't even describe my feelings for sushi! We ordered a A TON, but my fave was geisha roll: crab, cream cheese, and asparagus all lightly tempura fried!

Of course we went OUT!!!! Sometimes I feel like a shut-in. I miss getting dressed to the nines and going out with your girls and shakin' it on the dance floor. Fun, fun, fun, but I was literally dripping in sweat when we left. Also, profoundly grateful I am married. The men who are out...are either very young, unattractive, or emotionally retarded!

Anyway, wonderful time had by all! And NO ruminating....ahhhhh an empty mind...LOVELY!

No comments: